I highly recommend this excellent, succinct interview with New York Times Phys Ed columnist Gretchen Reynolds re: physical activity and health. She reviews new research regarding:
- the myths and dangers of sitting, static stretching, and “hydration;”
- the benefits of standing, squatting, walking, and running;
- chocolate milk as an ideal post-exercise recovery drink;
- physical activity for life extension vs. exercise for fitness;
- how to/not to warm up to prevent exercise-induced injuries.
A must read/listen for us all! Click on the link below to read the story or listen the the interview: