New Patients Welcome!
to the Sports Acupuncture Clinic, Charlottesville, Virginia! We look forward to working with you to address your health conditions.
Please bring to your initial visit:
- A prioritized list of symptoms.
- Any physician referrals, reports, X-ray or MRI studies etc.
- A list of current prescription medications.
- Form of payment (cash, check, Venmo or Zelle).
- Your schedule, so that you may re-schedule as needed.
At your first visit, we will:
- Discuss your health history and symptoms.
- Perform a physical examination of problem area(s).
- Screen for common and urgent medical conditions.
- Provide you with an assessment and treatment plan.
- Provide an initial acupuncture treatment, which may include manual therapy and nutritional/herbal prescription.
The treatment plan includes:
- The number, duration, modalities and costs of treatment
- Projected benefits, as well as any risks or side-effects
- Alternative or complementary treatment options and referrals, if/as appropriate
During acupuncture, patients typically lie comfortably on a table for 20-40 minutes. Massage, electro-therapy, suction cupping and gua sha, heat, and other healing modalities may be used. Counseling regarding lifestyle, nutrition, and herbal supplements may be provided.
Most patients return to normal activities right away. Very ill, frail or elderly patients should not plan to drive immediately following treatment. Please arrange for a companion driver or alternative transportation, if appropriate.
To request an initial consultation or treatment, please:
Self-schedule directly via our on-line scheduling system.
Use our Schedule Visit form to request an appointment.
Call us at 1-800-499-1438